Skip to main content

Realisation of "no thoughts" meditation might come only afterwards

Here is something I experienced a couple of hours ago and though I might have to edit this text, I wanted to share it already to anyone interested in meditation, especially the "no thoughts" meditation as I call it now. As usual, it contains some on-first-sight contradictions that really aren't if you think it through. If you know me, you might still not be used to it, but at least you're warned now. :-)
I hope once to create a meditation youtube channel and you might catch the edited version then.

Here I go...

When you are meditating on "just being", "not thinking" -or at least the one I experienced once, near Oeiras, Portugal, august 2017- and when you reach it, you won't realize it on that moment, because I suppose that would mean you just lost it because realizing is some way of thinking, or at least losing your focus.  But you  might realize it after your meditation. At least that is what I did then.
Don't worry, you will still enjoy the meditation! Though that's the wrong word, "enjoy". Maybe "get the benefits" of the meditation? But that's wrong too, and not complete because it loses something that was meant in the word "enjoy". Point is, it's good even if you don't realize it -something our society might have to learn- and, for the beginners out there, it's not like sleeping or being death AT ALL.

I had it then and it was different as I imagined, I didn't "NOT think" as much during the whole meditation, actually much less in time than I'm used too, though maybe more in the amount of "no thoughts" on afew rare occasion(s). So I thought quite a few things during the whole duration of the meditation, but I was calm and in the moment. Maybe I really experienced no (upper*) thoughts at all at some point, but I can't remember clearly. Maybe that's part of it? So, I don't know for sure if I got complete "no thoughts" moment(s), but what I'm sure about is that I reached something. (Finally, after 10 years or so, finally it's starting again! Self-note: Don't drop it! It' volatile!)
I know I reached something because a couple of hours later, I realized it! There were even some leftovers, for example when I could just be with my dog -sweet Stella; she's always "in the moment"-, just be in the love, in the being together and being all right, just the 2 of us, on that moment and nothing more or less. (Without thinking in future or past or thinking how I enjoy it or any other meta-experiences.) (And that's when I start writing this. Hi, here is Ruby from that time. Bye. -edit- note for youtube joke?)

And for me, that is quite an accomplishment, that kind of just being with my dog and enjoying it. But you might think that's nothing special and you experience things like that all the time.. And you might! Who am I to know? But my point is that I got it thanks to that meditation and I never get much of these. So, it improved myself there. So, who knows what or where you might get?
Hell! I might be way behind you on several things, maybe even all, but I think I might still teach or motivate you to get further. That's a possible thing, you know? I hope that I at least teached or motivated you a bit (partly joking; it's also all right if you are also much further. :-) -edit- will people get this joke?)

Now, maybe a more advanced "meditator" might realize the "just being", "without thoughts", and now I mean realize without thinking. I would doubt it after this experience or in general that realizing is possible without some rational cognition. You know, without that first entity*, your top singularity thinker where everything is serial and nothing happens at once..
But who knows that if you get used to experience this and for long times at once (instead the short one or ones I got), you get a kind of second sense and you can realize it after all, without thinking about it or without focussing on the realisation or maybe realisation can then happen in those other regions*. 

I wish you all progress on your enlightenment, whichever you need..
(Don't tell me I said this, but I believe there is only one fore everyone, though the path might be different for each.)

*
"upper thoughts",
"top thinker",
"mind regions",
"first entity",
"top singularity thinker, where everything is serial and nothing happens at once..":
If you want to know more about all the different regions and mind levels I have experienced and encountered through meditation, that will be for another time..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doctors!!!

Another one of those problems out here that I have found more and more compelling as well as frustrating in my life as well as for the whole world is that doctors of today seem not really concerned with their patients anymore, when practicing their profession rather focusing on symptom treatment and "pills" (so to speak) than the causes and real health or well being of the patient. Also that they are weigh too much focused on the money they " deserve " and the competition ( do I smell another form of my favorite word conformism in the latter? ). I have had a lot of discussions with some medicine students (not coincidently), and though I thought a lot of them wouldn't come out for it, I was surprised to learn that a lot of them dó admit that (the promise of) money is a big part in their decision to study medicines!! Of course it's not merely doctors, but the whole health care institution that is becoming more and more of a profiting "machine&qu

The Four Ages of Man

Pilar, a new friend, has revived the ever lasting poem in me brain.  It remains there partly because of a disastrous trial of mine once, to improve my memory.   But it's a nice piece nevertheless. It's a poem that struck me as being simple, sooo true, yet ironic (or even sarcastic) in only 8 lines of text!!    Here it is:   The Four Ages of Man Yeats He with body waged a fight, But body won; it walks upright.   Then he struggled with the heart; Innocence and peace depart.   Then he struggled with the mind; His proud heart he left behind.   Now his wars on God begin; At stroke of midnight God shall win. Amazing is that I could as well project it on the life of á man as well as on the life of all mankind (through evolution and with the apocalypse at the end). Euh, no ... I do not believe in God, nor do I disbeleive It/Him/Her!!  I am just happy without needing to decide on it.

Basics of equality

I have had this idea for as long as I can remember, but only lately it has taken some form in thoughts & words. Though it needs a lot of fixing -aren't words so limited ?- Now I am putting it here to release it so it won't occupy my thoughts so much. Also, maybe someone can learn from this, though I doubt it isn't said already somewhere else and I doubt my blog is read by many people. (Pride is my everlasting burdon too.) Basics of equality : Actually, it's so easy, but probably also so "against one's individuality and pride" that it is so difficult to learn and live by it, if not completely subjectivily rejected by one's mind at first sight!! So, please open your mind before reading on. You see, what makes a person ? Well, it's simple actually, man equals DNA (body, looks, behavior, ..) + life experience (education, accidents, confrontations, luck!, .. ; though isn't luck , or rather: chance, what life experience is the result